3/01/2005

The Search for Meaning... of Charles Handy

I just want to start the first post of my blog whit a wonderful quote from Charles Handy. I found it on a great interview for Leader to Leader Institute :

"The first half of life is certainly a struggle to prove that you can survive and then can achieve some special capacity. But the interesting thing for me is that given that you can survive, that you are successful, what is it you can contribute? The companies that survive longest are the ones that work out what they uniquely can give to the world -- not just growth or money but their excellence, their respect for others, or their ability to make people happy. Some call those things a soul".

Can we talk about that soul here? I'm sure we can. That could be the reason because management is not a dry matter. I'd like to start a reflection on it. Let's try.